ART 2019 show and sale Sept.23rd – Oct 5th 2019
Deep River Library Arts Committee (LAC)
Information for Exhibiting Artists
Hours of ART 2019
- Opening reception 7 – 9 pm. Monday Sept. 23rd
- Artists / families/friends and members of the public are invited to attend.
- Exhibit will remain open all regular library hours from Tuesday Sept. 24th – Saturday Oct 5th
Who may exhibit their Artwork?
- All artists amateur and professional
- NOTE: artwork should be original and produced without assistance from an instructor and not previously exhibited by LAC.
- LAC reserves the right to reject work due to space limitations. Preference is given to early entries.
How many categories or pieces of artwork may be exhibited by an artist?
- Artists may enter more than one category.
- 1 – 5 pieces of artwork per artist depending on size.
Preparation of artwork for exhibiting
- Artwork should be solidly assembled and provided with any custom made mounts, supports, or cases needed for display.
- Wall art must be ready for hanging.
- All artwork must be labeled with title, artist’s name, mailing address, telephone number and email address, (if artist has one).
- Artists may provide business cards for the public.
DELIVERY and PICKUP of Artwork & Exhibiting Fee
- Delivery is Saturday September 21st 10:30 am. to 12 noon in the library program room.
- A $15 exhibiting fee is payable when artwork is delivered. Fee is waived for students. Exact amount in cash or a cheque would be appreciated.
- Pick up is Sat. Oct 5th, 3- 4 pm.
- If you are not able to drop off or pick up artwork at the designated times, please find someone to do it for you. Let us know who that person will be.
- LAC does not have adequate storage space and cannot be responsible for artwork not picked up at the appointed time.
Sale of Artwork
- LAC levies a commission of 15% of sales.
- Potential buyers fill in their name and phone number in the sales binder, indicate the item they wish to purchase, then place a red dot on the label. Artist will contact buyer to arrange the sale. Artwork may be sold to the buyer before the exhibit ends once LAC is notified and appropriate replacement made. Commissions are due within one week of the show’s ending.
- The Deep River Library carries general Contents Insurance with $5000 deductible that covers all items in the building. Insurance coverage for individual artwork is the responsibility of the artist.
- Note that the program room in the Deep River Public Library is unsupervised and is open during all library hours. The space is under recorded video surveillance
Thank you for your interest in the LAC “ART 2019” exhibit and sale